Shirataki, a traditional Japanese food, is an ultimate gluten-free, low calorie noodle substitute. Made from Konnyaku or Konjac, an Asian yam, these noodles are low in carbs, making them great for those who are diabetic, watching their weight, or have gluten sensitivity.
Tensuke Market carries House Foods Shirataki noodles, each type offering its own benefits. While they can be used interchangeably in recipes depending on one’s preference, the texture varies among the noodles. Traditional Shirataki noodles have a bit of a snap to them, while Tofu Shirataki is slightly chewier.
Japanese ingredients can also be easily used in Americanized recipes like this uber cute Avocado Ranch Tofu Shirataki Salad from House Foods. Give this a try at home!
Order Shirataki noodles for delivery from TensukeJapan.com.
Avocado Ranch Tofu Shirataki Salad
See more shirataki recipes in our Noodle Board on Pinterest.
- 2 pkgs. House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti, prepared and cut
- ½ cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1½ Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cup coleslaw mix
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 med. red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 med. mango, diced
- 2 Tbsp. peanut, chopped
1. Combine dressing, avocado, lime juice and salt until smooth, then set aside and refrigerate.
2. In a bowl combine coleslaw, purple cabbage, cilantro, and scallions; then set aside.
3. Scoop in about 2½ Tbsp. avocado ranch dressing per jar. Evenly distribute and layer ingredients accordingly: bell pepper, mango, tomato, tofu shirataki noodles, coleslaw mix, peanuts and protein of choice. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Add choice of protein such as chipotle shrimp, hard boiled egg, chicken, etc.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
(p): 847.806.1200 | (f): 847.806.1699